bar icon Menu
phone icon Call

Dalton Visa Lawyer

Live, Work, & Enjoy Life With Your Family In The U.S.
Google Reviews
Start your free consultation
Dalton Visa Lawyer

There are many different ways for non-citizens to enter the United States legally. For most of them, obtaining a visa is the most common method. Unfortunately, it is not always easy. There are several types of visas available, and each of them has different requirements and expectations. A bilingual immigration attorney could advise you on how each of these options differs.

If you or a loved one are considering a visa application, you should know ahead of time that the process can be long and complicated. Furthermore, even minor errors during the process could put an application at risk of rejection. You could improve your chances of acceptance with the help of a Dalton visa lawyer.

What is a Visa?

A visa is a legal document that allows a non-citizen to enter the United States lawfully. Visas come in different forms, allowing foreign nationals to enter for work, education, or for other personal or business reasons. The process of acquiring a visa is often drawn-out, and success is never guaranteed. Many people wait months only to learn that their visa application was denied. The good news is that a visa attorney in Dalton could help address any errors that might lead to denial.

Types of Visas

There are a handful of visa categories and subcategories under U.S. immigration law. Each of these categories differs substantially from the next.

Temporary Work Visas

Many visas are intended for individuals to enter the United States for work purposes on a short-term basis. These include workers from certain countries that have joined treaties with the U.S., as well as highly-specialized workers who are vital to major endeavors or projects in the country.

Student Visas

One of the most common types of visas issued by the United States is student visas. These visas are available for college and graduate school students, and potentially their families as well.

Family-Sponsored Visas

Many visa applications are for family members attempting to join a loved one who already qualifies for a different type of visa. These visas typically include the spouses and minor children of individuals who enter the United States on student or work visas.

The Difference Between Visas and Green Cards

It is not uncommon for some people to use the terms visa and green card interchangeably. In reality, there are important differences between the two. This is true even though there can be an overlap between visas and green cards.

There are different forms of visas, both for individuals who intend to stay in the U.S. and those who are just traveling to the country for a short-term stay. A green card, on the other hand, is the term for the physical identification card that is provided to lawful permanent residents upon arrival in the United States. In other words, a green card could be something that is available to some, but not all, visa holders. A visa lawyer in Dalton could provide further counsel on the differences between these two identifications.

Talk to a Dalton Visa Attorney to Discuss Your Future

It is vital that you seek out legal counsel before beginning the visa application process. The support of an attorney could help you avoid major mistakes and prevent avoidable delays. Let a Dalton visa lawyer assist you in each step of the application process. Call us today to get started.

Practice Areas

Check your Visa Eligibility
Marriage Green Card through Consular ProcessFor married couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Marriage Green Card: Adjustment of StatusFor married couples in the U.S.
K-1 Fiancé VisaFor unmarried couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Removal of ConditionsFor those with expiring 2-year green cards
IR-2 Child VisaFor U.S. citizens with children outside of the U.S.
B1/B2 Tourist VisaFor individuals looking to travel to the U.S.
IR-5 Parent VisaFor U.S. citizens with foreign-born parents
U.S. Citizenship (Naturalization)For green card holders ready to become U.S. citizens
I-90 Green Card Renewal or ReplacementFor current green card holders
H-1B VisaFor foreign professionals who want to work in the U.S.
EB-5 VisaFor investors who want to immigrate to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor foreign investors to start a U.S. business
L-1 VisaFor multinational companies that want to transfer employees to the U.S.
O-1 VisaFor companies that want to bring extraordinary foreign talent to the U.S.
R-1 VisaFor religious workers who need a temporary U.S. visa
TN VisaFor citizens of Mexico and Canada who work in certain professions
F-1 Student VisaFor foreign students who want to study in the U.S.
NaturalizationFor permanent residents ready to become U.S. citizens
Adjustment of StatusFor immigrants looking to adjust their status
Denials & DelaysHelp with delays or denials in the immigration process
Derivative CitizenshipFor foreign-born children with a U.S. parent
Deportation DefenseLegal assistance and protection against deportation
DACAFor certain people who entered the U.S. unlawfully as children
AsylumFor individuals and families seeking asylum
U-VisaFor crime victims who are in fear of deportation
T-VisaFor victims of human trafficking
Affirmative Deferred Action
EB-5For investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.

Our Videos

MENTIR Es El ERROR MÁS GRANDE Que Puede Hacer Por Su Caso
Un Mensaje Importante En Este Dia de Acción de Gracias
¿Qué es el Proyecto de Apoyo Para Solicitantes de Asilo?