Immigration Lawyers

Live, Work, & Enjoy Life With Your Family In The U.S.
Google Reviews
Start your free consultation
Immigration Lawyers

Diversity and opportunity are some of the many reasons that make the United States a great country where families can work, learn, play, and grow. However, the immigration process can seem outdated, confusing, demeaning, and invasive, which is why you need an immigration lawyer on your side. At Urbina Law Firm, we work with you and your loved ones to handle visa processing, immigration, appeals, naturalization, deportation proceedings, and green cards.

We can assist with other legal immigration issues through state and federal agencies. Consider hiring us if you feel…

Overwhelmed with all there is to know for getting into or staying in the U.S.
Tired of being misunderstood talking with lawyers who don’t speak your language
Confused with conflicting and inaccurate information from multiple sources
Defeated about ever finding a way to live and work in the U.S.
….Uncertainty about your future with family and work

You can change your experience entirely by working with our immigration attorneys.

The Urbina Law Firm team is prepared to help you face the most challenging moments while asserting your rights under the law. If you or a family member needs immigration help, contact us for an initial consultation.

We Provide Comprehensive Immigration Legal Services With Care

As a firm that focuses solely on immigration law, we have the advantage of experience and subject-matter expertise for this challenging and sometimes uneven playing field. You are not alone when working with one of our immigration lawyers as our legal team will stand by your side dutifully throughout the process.

Urbina Law Firm can help you or your family members through the following aspects of immigration law:

Immigration presents a unique set of challenges that many find overwhelming, and for a good reason, too. It is a lengthy and arduous procedure that demands a strategic approach, time, and financial management. Regardless of the immigration issues you face, the immigration lawyers at Urbina Law Firm are here to help you and your loved ones through the process.


Family Immigration Lawyers That Address a Wide Range of Issues

Permanent resident applicants in the U.S. typically enter through one of four channels. Family reunification is the most widely utilized and accounts for two-thirds of applications. While national security is generally a bipartisan concern, reducing the number of immigrants under family-based profiles does not make sense.

The family immigration lawyers at Urbina Law Firm can help you navigate the legal complexities associated with this area through the following services:

Green Cards

A U.S. citizen can help relatives become permanent residents by obtaining a green card. Receiving this status requires both individuals to meet specific criteria when filing Form I-130. A U.S. citizen can petition U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for a spouse or children, regardless of marital status.

Fiancé(e) Visas

U.S. citizens engaged to non-citizens can help fiancé(e)s obtain permanent residence through other means. A fiancé(e) visa permits the intended to enter the U.S. for 90 days and perform a marriage ceremony. Our fiancé(e) visa immigration lawyers will help you manage your legal requirements so that nothing comes between you and your new spouse.

K-3/K-4 Visas

When a family member is waiting for USCIS to decide their immigration status, the U.S. citizen can apply for a K-3/K-4 non-immigrant visa. Doing so will make the amount of time spent apart shorter. Other eligibility requirements apply, which means that speaking with an immigration attorney is critical to navigating the process.

V Visas

The V Visa is a non-immigrant status provided to family members who wish to stay together while waiting for their immigrant visa processing. A relative may be eligible to receive this visa if Form I-130 was filed before December 21, 2000, or the family member has waited more than three years since the petition filing.

Same-Sex Marriages

Citizens and permanent residents have lawful rights to equal treatment when petitioning for fiancé(e)s and spouses who wish to immigrate to the United States. The U.S. Supreme Court implemented immigration guidelines to ensure that same-sex couples are afforded the same liberties during immigration. Urbina Law Firm will protect these civil rights as you migrate to our country.

Unique Circumstances

Individuals who entered the United States under extreme circumstances, such as a refugee or from a forced marriage, can petition for individual family members to obtain derivative refugee or asylee status. Your immigration lawyer will help you determine which options you have available to ensure your safety.

Get a Free Consultation Today

Do you need legal help handling immigration issues for yourself and your family members? If so, Urbina Law Firm will help. Schedule your free consultation–let’s discuss your case.

We Aggressively Defend Deportation and Removal Cases

When you or your family members face removal or deportation, it is critical to speak with an experienced and compassionate immigration attorney immediately, regardless of the circumstances. U.S. immigration laws can sometimes be confusing, and a judge may revoke your status or order you deported. Mitigate severe legal issues by hiring legal representation as soon as possible.

Some types of deportation and removal cases that our immigration lawyers at Urbina Law Firm represent include:

  • Aggravated felony convictions
  • Immigration fraud
  • Immigration violations
  • National security offenses
  • Asylum denials
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) cancellations
  • Cancellation of Removal for Certain Residents and Non-Residents
  • Motions to Reopen
  • Appeals
  • Requests for Prosecutorial Discretion

Numerous removal proceedings occur before deportation. Therefore, if you face deportation, maintain your composure and act strategically as you still have time to contact a law firm.

Order Cancellations

There are legal options in the U.S. if a judge orders the cancellation of your green card. Qualifying elements include that you must have: a) been a lawful permanent resident for at least five years, b) resided in the United States for the last seven years, c) not been convicted of a crime, and d) not previously been granted an order of removal.

Status Changes

Deportable individuals who are the spouse, parent, widow, or child of a United States citizen may qualify for status adjustment as legal permanent residents. If you are legally eligible for this option, a deportation defense lawyer can assist you in applying successfully for adjustment of status and avoiding deportation.

Cancellation of Removal

Cancellations of Removal are the most common type of relief. They provide a path to obtaining a green card for some individuals facing removal or deportation. However, you must demonstrate good character, a physical U.S. presence for the last ten years, no felonies or crimes of moral turpitude, and have a citizen or permanent resident parent, child, or spouse. Another part of this type of relief is relaxed requirements for individuals who have been victims of abuse; also known as VAWA cancellation. Other restrictions may apply, so consult an immigration attorney before pursuing this option.


A waiver request allows deported individuals to seek permission from the United States government to apply for lawful readmission. Our immigration attorneys have extensive experience and training in immigration law. We are capable of obtaining removal waivers for a wide variety of clients.

Voluntary Departures

If you are not eligible for any other form of deportation relief, you may apply for a voluntary departure. This option allows you to exit the country peacefully and amicably. You will be required to pay for your departure and agree to remain in the country for the duration specified by the immigration judge.

You Do Not Have to Face the Immigration Process Alone

When you want legal advice for immigrating and working in the U.S., Urbina Law Firm is ready to help. We have years of experience helping hardworking and talented individuals find a path that works for them.

Representing Your Employee Visa Application Process

The United States has distinct procedures for those wishing to immigrate to the country for employment purposes. Employment-based visas are granted based on knowledge and job skills deemed to be of long-term value to the U.S. labor market. Meanwhile, entrepreneurs interested in investing in the United States may be eligible for temporary or permanent visas to remain in the country.

The immigration lawyers at Urbina Law Firm can help you handle the following legal issues related to working in the United States:

Green Cards for Work

Employment-based immigrant visas have a complicated application process. Visas are classified into five preference categories based on an individual’s skills, education, and abilities. Each preference category has its own set of rules and guidelines.

Depending on the type of visa and the immigrant’s country of origin, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may require applications at various stages of the process. Additionally, numerical restrictions on visa issuance can result in lengthy wait times for applicants. Improperly filed petitions may be rejected, jeopardizing the applicant’s future chances of obtaining a visa, which means you should hire our legal team to assist you from the outset of your case.

Temporary Visas for Work

Non-immigrant visas are used for short-term projects, ranging from a few months to a few years. The most frequently-issued temporary visa is the H-1B, which is granted to foreign nationals with specialized skills. Demand exceeds supply, and working with an immigration attorney ensures that you avoid legal mistakes that could prevent you from obtaining a non-immigrant visa in a timely manner.

Other types of non-immigrant visas are available for other types of workers. For example, L Visas are used by multinational corporations to transfer employees between branches in different countries. Religious workers use R Visas, and O Visas are used by individuals with extraordinary abilities or who have achieved distinction in their field.

If there is a legal route to help you work in the United States, you can count on Urbina Law Firm to find it.

Choosing the Right Immigration Attorney

Selecting the right immigration attorney can be an expensive and confusing process. Not only are petitioners and their family members left to figure out the immigration system, but they are also tasked with the process of vetting law firms.

Considering that having the right attorney with experience in immigration law can help citizens, permanent residents, and related family members navigate the process, feeling overwhelmed in your search for the right attorney makes sense.

Here are a few measures that applicants and family members can take when choosing the right immigration lawyer, including:

  • Meet with the legal team. Never hire an attorney without at least a face-to-face or virtual meeting. It is a critical opportunity to ask questions and determine if the team is suitable for the process. For those who find an attorney willing to take on a case without an initial case assesment, they may want to look for more reputable services elsewhere.
  • Ask about their experience. An immigration law firm worth its name has experience covering many complicated immigration issues. Ensure that the law firm interviewed has years of practical experience handling similar cases. Never be afraid to ask hard-pressed questions.

Always take personal preferences into account when making a decision. The attorney-client relationship is steeped in trust. Working with a legal team that makes the applicant and family members feel comfortable moving forward is essential.

The truth is that the best immigration lawyer can make a massive difference during the immigration experience. Not only do you feel more confident in the decision-making process, but you also have the reassurance that a lawyer is looking out for your best interests and protecting your legal rights.

Immigration Lawyers Who Care About Your Results

Going through the immigration process and its associated hoops are stressful. The Urbina Law Firm does not think it should be this way. We can help you prepare the required documentation requested by government officials while representing your case in the best possible light.

As you go through interviews with the U.S. Department of Immigration, we will be there to advocate on your behalf and clarify legal procedures since our law office is bilingual in English and Spanish and we have extensive experience in immigration law. You can be reassured in knowing that an immigration lawyer is by your side every step of the way.

In addition to compassionate care, you and your family members will benefit from our legal services in the following ways:

  • A free initial case assessment
  • Experience you can trust
  • Flexible payment arrangements
  • Management of case deadlines and communications
  • Multilingual legal professionals
  • Personal service that emphasizes respect
  • Prompt legal counsel and advice

There are many ways in which we will work to serve you better. When you work with an immigration lawyer at Urbina Law Firm, you have peace of mind trusting that your safety and security are in good hands. We will treat you with compassion and empathy at every point in the process.

Urbina Law Firm Is Here to Help

Urbina Law Firm matches our mission with our vision by providing personalized legal representation that fiercely represents our clients’ immigration goals. Our Georgia immigration lawyers will thoroughly evaluate your case and transparently communicate all of your legal options.

We are a bilingual, multicultural firm that offers cutting-edge counsel for citizens and family members living internationally. Contact us now for your no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation.


How Do Immigrant Visas Differ From Non-Immigrant Visas?

An immigrant visa is for a foreign national who wishes to reside permanently in the United States. In contrast, non-immigrant visas are given to those entering temporarily for purposes such as study, work, medical treatment, business, or tourism.

Can Immigrants Apply for Government Assistance?

USCIS may deny your application or seek to deport you if you are likely to become primarily reliant on the government for financial help at any point in time. However, receiving government benefits does not automatically disqualify you from legal permanent residency. Specific programs will expressly authorize immigrants to receive support and services, such as those who obtain a T Visa as victims of human trafficking.

Is It Possible For Me to Be Deported if I Enter the Country on a Marriage Visa and Later Divorce?

If your immigration status is based on a fiancé(e) or marriage visa, marrying and remaining married are required conditions of residence. If you divorce and remain in the United States, our legal team can assist you by filing a petition to remove these conditions. Seek refuge in a safe location and contact Urbina Law Firm immediately for advice on your legal options.

Is Immigration Based on Family Relationships?

Not always. The family-based immigration process permits specific individuals to become permanent residents of the United States through familial ties to U.S. citizens or permanent residents. However, it is common for immigrants to move for work or other purposes.

The “sponsor” is the citizen or permanent resident who files an immigration petition on behalf of a foreign national. The sponsor can be a family member, a spouse, or another agent, such as an employer. In contrast, the person who benefits from the immigration petition is referred to as the “beneficiary,” which is critical to understand in order to avoid making legal errors unintentionally.

What Are the Sponsors’ Obligations?

Sponsors must sign an affidavit of support for the migrating beneficiary, guaranteeing that they will keep the beneficiary’s standard of living at or above 125 percent of the national poverty level. This obligation is legally enforceable as a contract, continuing until the beneficiary becomes a citizen or has worked in the United States for 40 qualifying quarters, or approximately 10 years.

How Does the Process of Permanent Residency Begin for My Spouse Who Is Not a Citizen of the United States?

File a petition with USCIS requesting that they notify the United States Consulate in the residential country of your spouse. The immigration process is a bit more lengthy and complicated, but this describes the general method. An immigration lawyer ensures that you avoid legal mistakes while initiating petitions, applications, and other legal proceedings so that the process goes as smoothly and seamlessly as possible.

Is It Possible for Someone With a Non-Immigrant Visa to Obtain Permanent Residence?

Yes, a temporary visa holder may apply for adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence. There are dozens of ways for people on temporary, non-immigrant visas to stay permanently. Do not overstay your visa; contact Urbina Law Firm to determine if you qualify for adjustment of status instead.

Is It Possible to Obtain a Work-Based Immigration Visa Without a Sponsor?

Yes, in some instances. For example, qualifying for exceptional ability visas allows you to self-petition without a permanent job offer or labor certification. This procedure entails submitting an application for and being granted a waiver.

What Is the Difference Between Naturalized Citizens and Citizens Born in the U.S.?

Citizenship is granted by birth to individuals born on U.S. soil or to descendants of U.S. citizens, whether in the United States or abroad. Naturalized citizens are individuals who acquire U.S. citizenship after birth and going through the process of becoming a citizen.

Who May Sponsor a Relative for Permanent Resident Status?

A sponsor must be a United States citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old and resides, with certain exceptions, in the United States or United States territory. If you need legal advice about selecting the right sponsor, get in touch with an experienced immigration lawyer to answer questions for your specific situation.

What Is a Conditional Green Card?

Conditional green cards are when the beneficiary’s permanent resident status is contingent upon the marriage being less than two years old on the date of becoming a permanent resident. Conditional permanent resident status is granted when the beneficiary is admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or when the beneficiary’s status is adjusted to that of a permanent resident. Your immigration lawyer will help you determine which options are available so that you get the outcome you want and deserve.

Practice Areas

  • Family Based
  • Employment Based
  • Citizenship
  • Humanitarian Relief
  • Investor Visas
Check your Visa Eligibility
Marriage Green Card through Consular ProcessFor married couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Marriage Green Card: Adjustment of StatusFor married couples in the U.S.
K-1 Fiancé VisaFor unmarried couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Removal of ConditionsFor those with expiring 2-year green cards
IR-2 Child VisaFor U.S. citizens with children outside of the U.S.
B1/B2 Tourist VisaFor individuals looking to travel to the U.S.
IR-5 Parent VisaFor U.S. citizens with foreign-born parents
U.S. Citizenship (Naturalization)For green card holders ready to become U.S. citizens
I-90 Green Card Renewal or ReplacementFor current green card holders
H-1B VisaFor foreign professionals who want to work in the U.S.
EB-5 VisaFor investors who want to immigrate to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor foreign investors to start a U.S. business
L-1 VisaFor multinational companies that want to transfer employees to the U.S.
O-1 VisaFor companies that want to bring extraordinary foreign talent to the U.S.
R-1 VisaFor religious workers who need a temporary U.S. visa
TN VisaFor citizens of Mexico and Canada who work in certain professions
F-1 Student VisaFor foreign students who want to study in the U.S.
NaturalizationFor permanent residents ready to become U.S. citizens
Adjustment of StatusFor immigrants looking to adjust their status
Denials & DelaysHelp with delays or denials in the immigration process
Derivative CitizenshipFor foreign-born children with a U.S. parent
Deportation DefenseLegal assistance and protection against deportation
DACAFor certain people who entered the U.S. unlawfully as children
AsylumFor individuals and families seeking asylum
U-VisaFor crime victims who are in fear of deportation
T-VisaFor victims of human trafficking
Affirmative Deferred Action
EB-5For investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.

Our Videos

MENTIR Es El ERROR MÁS GRANDE Que Puede Hacer Por Su Caso
Un Mensaje Importante En Este Dia de Acción de Gracias
¿Qué es el Proyecto de Apoyo Para Solicitantes de Asilo?