West Virginia Immigration Lawyer

Live, Work, & Enjoy Life With Your Family In The U.S.
Google Reviews
Start your free consultation
West Virginia Immigration Lawyer

Too many non-U.S. citizens find themselves facing the realities of a harsh, unfriendly immigration system. You may find yourself struggling to get green card approval, separated from your family, or unable to find work because you have not yet completed those critical legal requirements.

Handling immigration on your own can increase the time spent waiting for the resolution you really deserve. Working with an experienced immigration lawyer in West Virginia, on the other hand, can help streamline that immigration process and put you in a better position to achieve your goals.

Family Immigration

At Urbina Law Firm, we can help West Virginia immigrants with a variety of family immigration tasks.

Become U.S. Citizens

For many people, becoming a U.S. citizen means living the dream. It helps protect the entire family from deportation, makes it easier to reunite your family, and allows you to travel more freely. Of course, as a U.S. citizen, you can also experience the other benefits of citizenship, including the freedom to vote or eligibility for government jobs. At Urbina Law Firm, we can help you achieve those vital goals.

Get Green Cards, Permanent Residency Status, and Visas

Depending on your residency goals, you may choose to pursue an employment authorization card, permanent residency status, or a visa.

  • Employment Authorization card: The permit that allows you to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis, but which does not make you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
  • Permanent resident status: The status that allows you to secure a green card and remain a permanent resident of the United States
  • Visa: A legal document that allows you to request entry into the United States, usually on a temporary basis—a visa is often a first step in obtaining residency status in the United States

Sometimes, visas or green cards may be a step on the way to citizenship. In other cases, they are goals in and of themselves.

Adjust Immigration Status

Do you need to apply for a green card without returning to your home country? Do you want to take steps to complete the immigration process without having to leave? In some cases, you may need to legally adjust your immigration status.

Help Foreign Spouses, Parents, and Other Relatives Achieve Those Goals

Having a lawyer working for you in the U.S. as you attempt to bring foreign relatives over can offer huge benefits. We can help you move through these processes—from acquiring a green card to applying for citizenship—for family members out of the country.

Deportation/Removal Defense

Being deported from the United States can prove incredibly traumatic and interfere with your future plans. We can assist with a variety of scenarios, including:

  • Helping people get out of ICE custody, which can help reduce the risk of deportation
  • Representing our clients in trials and hearings following any type of offense that could result in deportation
  • Appealing negative immigration decisions to increase the odds that our clients will be able to stay in the country
  • Filing federal lawsuits when delays or detention cause challenges to the client’s overall lifestyle

Dealing with criminal charges as a potential immigrant can be much more difficult than dealing with them as a United States citizen. For example, pleading guilty to even minor drug charges could result in deportation—and that can cause its own list of challenges. When you face deportation or removal, you need a lawyer to represent you.

Employment Visas

If you need an employment visa, or you are a business trying to bring over workers, we can help. We assist:

  • Individuals who need to change jobs or change their immigration status
  • Entrepreneurs who are interested in getting investor visas
  • Students who need special visas
  • Religious individuals who need a visa on the basis of specific religious needs
  • Businesses who have faced serious allegations related to immigration

Common Challenges and Frustrations During the Immigration Process in West Virginia

There are a lot of challenges and frustrations that can crop up during the immigration process. You may face:

  • Long, drawn-out delays, especially when there are processing challenges
  • Insecurity regarding your application—did you get everything filled out correctly?
  • Language barriers that can make filling out applications more challenging
  • A lack of knowledge around where your application is in the system and what steps you need to take next

Contact a West Virginia Immigration Lawyer Today

A West Virginia immigration lawyer can offer a great deal of assistance with any of your immigration needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help streamline the immigration process and reassure you about any potential challenges you may have faced. We offer free consultations that can help you achieve your goals.


Why Do I Need a Lawyer to Help With My Immigration?

Immigration lawyers can offer you critical information about your eligibility status or help you move through the process more smoothly. Working with an immigration lawyer can provide you with more insight into immigration regulations and processes, which can make you feel more confident about the entire process.

What Does a West Virginia Immigration Lawyer Do?

a West Virginia immigration lawyer can offer a variety of services that can prove helpful when managing your immigration. A lawyer can:

  • Help you interpret the law to ensure that you understand all the critical details that could apply to your immigration
  • Provide you with more information about the strategies and possibilities that are available to you, including your potential routes to immigration or permanent residency status
  • Represent you in court in the case of charges that could result in deportation
  • Fight to help protect your rights, both in the case of deportation charges and as you attempt to immigrate

If I Get Married to a U.S. Citizen, Am I Automatically Eligible for a Green Card?

If you are married to a U.S. citizen, in many cases, you will automatically be eligible for a green card. However, this marriage must be based on a genuine relationship, not on a desire for a green card alone. Working with a West Virginia immigration lawyer can help you learn more about green card eligibility and whether your marriage qualifies you for a green card.

Practice Areas

  • Family Based
  • Employment Based
  • Citizenship
  • Humanitarian Relief
  • Investor Visas
Check your Visa Eligibility
Marriage Green Card through Consular ProcessFor married couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Marriage Green Card: Adjustment of StatusFor married couples in the U.S.
K-1 Fiancé VisaFor unmarried couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Removal of ConditionsFor those with expiring 2-year green cards
IR-2 Child VisaFor U.S. citizens with children outside of the U.S.
B1/B2 Tourist VisaFor individuals looking to travel to the U.S.
IR-5 Parent VisaFor U.S. citizens with foreign-born parents
U.S. Citizenship (Naturalization)For green card holders ready to become U.S. citizens
I-90 Green Card Renewal or ReplacementFor current green card holders
H-1B VisaFor foreign professionals who want to work in the U.S.
EB-5 VisaFor investors who want to immigrate to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor foreign investors to start a U.S. business
L-1 VisaFor multinational companies that want to transfer employees to the U.S.
O-1 VisaFor companies that want to bring extraordinary foreign talent to the U.S.
R-1 VisaFor religious workers who need a temporary U.S. visa
TN VisaFor citizens of Mexico and Canada who work in certain professions
F-1 Student VisaFor foreign students who want to study in the U.S.
NaturalizationFor permanent residents ready to become U.S. citizens
Adjustment of StatusFor immigrants looking to adjust their status
Denials & DelaysHelp with delays or denials in the immigration process
Derivative CitizenshipFor foreign-born children with a U.S. parent
Deportation DefenseLegal assistance and protection against deportation
DACAFor certain people who entered the U.S. unlawfully as children
AsylumFor individuals and families seeking asylum
U-VisaFor crime victims who are in fear of deportation
T-VisaFor victims of human trafficking
Affirmative Deferred Action
EB-5For investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.

Our Videos

MENTIR Es El ERROR MÁS GRANDE Que Puede Hacer Por Su Caso
Un Mensaje Importante En Este Dia de Acción de Gracias
¿Qué es el Proyecto de Apoyo Para Solicitantes de Asilo?