Marietta Adjustment of Status Lawyer

Live, Work, & Enjoy Life With Your Family In The U.S.
Google Reviews
Start your free consultation
Marietta Adjustment of Status Lawyer

Having a visa that allows you to live and work in the U.S. offers the chance of a new life and brighter future. But the limitations and impermanence of an immigrant visa can cloud your American Dream with uncertainty and worry. Even the slightest mistake can put everything you’ve worked for in jeopardy, especially now.

If you want to extend your stay and continue to build your life here, you need to either renew your current status in a timely and correct manner or seek to adjust your status to become a permanent resident and obtain your green card.

At the Urbina Law Firm, L.L.C., we serve Georgia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama. Our experienced immigration attorneys know how much is at stake when people come to him for help to maintain or adjust their immigration status. Along with a committed team of legal professionals, a Marietta adjustment of status lawyer will work closely with all clients to understand their particular circumstances, address their concerns, and take the necessary steps that will allow them to move forward in the U.S. with confidence and clarity.

Status Renewal

If you are here on a visa and wish to extend your stay, it is critical that you seek to renew your status before the expiration of your visa term. If the “Admit Until Date” on your visa comes and goes before you seek renewal, the consequences could be catastrophic. Overstaying your status could result in:

  • Your visa stamp being immediately canceled, meaning that you will only be able to apply for a new visa stamp in your country of origin;
  • Having to disclose your overstay on future immigration applications;
  • The immediate start of removal proceedings resulting in deportation;
  • Loss of eligibility to obtain another visa or green card;
  • A three to ten-year bar from entering the U.S., depending on the circumstances and duration of your overstay.

Too often, visa holders fail to take the necessary steps to renew their status simply because they are unaware of when their term ends or are confused about their “Admit Until Date.” But even timely status renewals can be rejected if not correctly completed.

If you have questions about your visa status or need assistance with extending your stay in the U.S., please reach out to an adjustment of status lawyer in Marietta.

Adjustment of Status

Many foreign nationals living in the U.S. want to remain here permanently by obtaining a green card. Adjustment of status is the process through which such immigrants can apply for permanent residence without having to leave the country.

Obtaining a green card can be a complicated endeavor, and those seeking that coveted document often make fatal errors either in the application itself or while their application is pending, such as traveling abroad without the necessary authorization.

At the Urbina Law Firm, we will stand by you and guide you through the entire adjustment of status process. A local status adjustment lawyer will prepare the necessary documentation, prepare you for required interviews and examinations, and keep you from making mistakes which could put your efforts in peril.

A Marietta Adjustment of Status Attorney Can Help You Pursue Your American Dream

Nothing is more important to you than your future and your family. Nothing is more important to us than helping you protect them. If you have questions or need assistance renewing your visa or seeking permanent resident status, please give us a call to arrange for your confidential initial consultation with a Marietta adjustment of status lawyer.

We look forward to assisting you.

Practice Areas

  • Family Based
  • Employment Based
  • Citizenship
  • Humanitarian Relief
  • Investor Visas
Check your Visa Eligibility
Marriage Green Card through Consular ProcessFor married couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Marriage Green Card: Adjustment of StatusFor married couples in the U.S.
K-1 Fiancé VisaFor unmarried couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Removal of ConditionsFor those with expiring 2-year green cards
IR-2 Child VisaFor U.S. citizens with children outside of the U.S.
B1/B2 Tourist VisaFor individuals looking to travel to the U.S.
IR-5 Parent VisaFor U.S. citizens with foreign-born parents
U.S. Citizenship (Naturalization)For green card holders ready to become U.S. citizens
I-90 Green Card Renewal or ReplacementFor current green card holders
H-1B VisaFor foreign professionals who want to work in the U.S.
EB-5 VisaFor investors who want to immigrate to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor foreign investors to start a U.S. business
L-1 VisaFor multinational companies that want to transfer employees to the U.S.
O-1 VisaFor companies that want to bring extraordinary foreign talent to the U.S.
R-1 VisaFor religious workers who need a temporary U.S. visa
TN VisaFor citizens of Mexico and Canada who work in certain professions
F-1 Student VisaFor foreign students who want to study in the U.S.
NaturalizationFor permanent residents ready to become U.S. citizens
Adjustment of StatusFor immigrants looking to adjust their status
Denials & DelaysHelp with delays or denials in the immigration process
Derivative CitizenshipFor foreign-born children with a U.S. parent
Deportation DefenseLegal assistance and protection against deportation
DACAFor certain people who entered the U.S. unlawfully as children
AsylumFor individuals and families seeking asylum
U-VisaFor crime victims who are in fear of deportation
T-VisaFor victims of human trafficking
Affirmative Deferred Action
EB-5For investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.

Our Videos

MENTIR Es El ERROR MÁS GRANDE Que Puede Hacer Por Su Caso
Un Mensaje Importante En Este Dia de Acción de Gracias
¿Qué es el Proyecto de Apoyo Para Solicitantes de Asilo?