Marietta Visa Lawyer

Live, Work, & Enjoy Life With Your Family In The U.S.
Google Reviews
Start your free consultation
Marietta Visa Lawyer

Whether you want to come to the United States for a short period of time for tourism or for business purposes, or if you intend to immigrate into the U.S. and take up permanent residence, you will need a visa in order to legally enter U.S. territory. However, since there are more than 180 different categories of visas available to non-U.S. residents, it can be a complicated process to determine which one you need to apply for.

A Marietta visa lawyer could provide crucial guidance and support throughout the visa application process. In addition to explaining what forms and documentation you need to provide, a bilingual immigration attorney could help you prepare for your interview with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) if one is required for your visa.

Visas for Non-Immigrant Foreign Travelers

Anyone whose country of origin is part of the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP) does not need a visa in order to travel legally to the United States for a maximum period of 90 days. However, they will need to have an e-Passport, fill out an application through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, and pay associated processing and authorization fees.

Individuals from non-VWP countries who want to travel to the United States on a short-term basis generally must apply for either a B-1 or B-2 visa. The B-1 is meant for business travelers and athletes competing in competitions for money, while the latter covers tourists, participants in amateur contests without financial incentives, and individuals traveling to the United States for medical care.

Various other visa categories apply to other types of temporary visitors. For example, most foreign exchange students will need an F visa, foreign media employees need an I visa, and temporary or seasonal workers need an H-2A or H-2B visa, depending on whether or not they are performing agricultural work. A local visa attorney could help an applicant understand what visa best suits their circumstances and streamline the application process.

Help with Obtaining Immigrant Visas

With a few notable exceptions, there are two categories of immigrant visas for individuals seeking to immigrate permanently to the United States: family-based visas and employment-based visas. The first category allows immediate relatives of U.S. citizens—such as spouses, fiancés, children, parents, siblings—to seek sponsorship from their U.S.-based family member(s) to reside in the United States themselves. Green card holders with legal permanent resident (LPR) status can also sponsor certain family members for an F2A or F2B immigrant visa, although these visas are only available in limited quantity each year.

Employment-based visas allow U.S.-based employers to sponsor foreign nationals with specialized skills to come work for them in the United States. Persons of higher technical ability generally receiving higher priority during the application review process. Immigrant investors may also be able to seek E5 immigrant visas if they meet specific criteria for investment and job creation in the American economy. A Marietta immigration visa lawyer could explain these criteria in further detail.

Talk to a Marietta Visa Attorney Today

Even if you only intend to spend a short time in the United States, getting the visa you need to legally enter the U.S. at a port of entry can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. If you want to pursue an immigrant visa of any kind, you will likely need assistance from legal counsel in order to navigate the various rules and restrictions in place for these visas.

A Marietta visa lawyer could help you make the most of your visa application and ensure that your future plans proceed as smoothly as possible. Call today to learn more during a free consultation.

Practice Areas

  • Family Based
  • Employment Based
  • Citizenship
  • Humanitarian Relief
  • Investor Visas
Check your Visa Eligibility
Marriage Green Card through Consular ProcessFor married couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Marriage Green Card: Adjustment of StatusFor married couples in the U.S.
K-1 Fiancé VisaFor unmarried couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Removal of ConditionsFor those with expiring 2-year green cards
IR-2 Child VisaFor U.S. citizens with children outside of the U.S.
B1/B2 Tourist VisaFor individuals looking to travel to the U.S.
IR-5 Parent VisaFor U.S. citizens with foreign-born parents
U.S. Citizenship (Naturalization)For green card holders ready to become U.S. citizens
I-90 Green Card Renewal or ReplacementFor current green card holders
H-1B VisaFor foreign professionals who want to work in the U.S.
EB-5 VisaFor investors who want to immigrate to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor foreign investors to start a U.S. business
L-1 VisaFor multinational companies that want to transfer employees to the U.S.
O-1 VisaFor companies that want to bring extraordinary foreign talent to the U.S.
R-1 VisaFor religious workers who need a temporary U.S. visa
TN VisaFor citizens of Mexico and Canada who work in certain professions
F-1 Student VisaFor foreign students who want to study in the U.S.
NaturalizationFor permanent residents ready to become U.S. citizens
Adjustment of StatusFor immigrants looking to adjust their status
Denials & DelaysHelp with delays or denials in the immigration process
Derivative CitizenshipFor foreign-born children with a U.S. parent
Deportation DefenseLegal assistance and protection against deportation
DACAFor certain people who entered the U.S. unlawfully as children
AsylumFor individuals and families seeking asylum
U-VisaFor crime victims who are in fear of deportation
T-VisaFor victims of human trafficking
Affirmative Deferred Action
EB-5For investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.

Our Videos

MENTIR Es El ERROR MÁS GRANDE Que Puede Hacer Por Su Caso
Un Mensaje Importante En Este Dia de Acción de Gracias
¿Qué es el Proyecto de Apoyo Para Solicitantes de Asilo?