bar icon Menu
phone icon Call

Marietta L-1 Visa Lawyer

Live, Work, & Enjoy Life With Your Family In The U.S.
Google Reviews
Start your free consultation
Marietta L-1 Visa Lawyer

An L-1 visa is a temporary non-immigrant visa that allows international companies to transfer qualified employees from a foreign entity to the U.S. If you’re considering petitioning for an L-1 visa, you’ll likely have many questions: How long will this process take? What information will I need? Will I have to leave my family behind? The qualified visa attorneys at Urbina Law Firm can assist clients with preparing work visa applications and expediting the process to hit the ground running in their new position.

Different Types of L-1 Visas

An L-1 Visa can be obtained for two types of workers. Generally, executives must apply for and obtain L-1A visas. This includes employees with major decision-making or management duties. Other foreign workers can apply for visa L1-B, granted to people with specialized knowledge about the company’s products, services, or other business interests. The company typically uses the service to recruit and hire employees necessary for the organization’s operations in America.

L-1A Visas

L-1A Visas are issued to transfer managers and executives from overseas offices to U.S. offices in a corporate structure or to establish a new office. Qualified employees must have been employed for at least one year and possess executive or managerial capacity such as:

  • The ability to make a wide range of decisions OR
  • The ability to supervise professional employees, manage the company, a department, or essential function at a high level

L-1B Visas

L-1 B Visas are reserved for transferring individuals with specialized knowledge of the company’s interests from one of its foreign offices to the U.S. or for establishing a new office. To qualify, an employee must have been working abroad for more than one year in the three years before admission to the U.S.

L-1 Visa Requirements

For L-1 visa applications, companies must meet two basic conditions.

  1. A clear connection must first exist with a foreign business or business in the U.S. These may include a parent company or affiliated entities.
  2. Secondly, the company must operate from the U.S. or another country or plan to do the same within L-1 visas.

How Much Does An L-1 Visa Cost?

To apply for an L-1 visa, your employer must file Form I-129 (Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker), with a fee, on your behalf. The standard fee for this petition is $460 and an additional $2,500 if you choose to have it processed under Premium Processing. Once this form is approved, you must file Form DS-160 with the Department of State, including a filing fee of $160.

How To Apply For An L-1 Visa Extension

An L-1 visa extension can be granted in two-year increments. For a visa extension, you must complete several steps, and the process is closely related to the original visa. Your employer must file another petition for you before your I-94 leave date.

In addition, the petition requires several documents, including

  • Supporting letter with details regarding your employment history
  • Letter from your employer with dates of employment, responsibilities, and salary in the previous three years
  • Evidence of your employment since being in the country
  • Evidence of your degree or equivalent which is relevant to your position
  • I-129 form, with the filing fee
  • Evidence of time spent outside the U.S. (travel itinerary, boarding passes, etc.)

This process can seem overwhelming, but our visa attorneys at Urbina Immigration Law can help you navigate the process step-by-step.

How Long Does L-1 Visa Processing Take?

Each service center processing your petition has its workload, and processing time may differ. However, the average processing time is six months or less.

Premium Processing

All visa applications submitting I-129 petitions have a premium processing option. It can reduce processing time from 4-6 months to only 15 days. Your employer can claim reimbursement of the fees for processing the application in time of default. However, premium processing doesn’t guarantee your petition’s acceptance, but it is a convenient tool for anyone who needs to get into the USA immediately.

Contact an L1 visa immigration attorney to determine what services best suit your immigration situation.

Key L-1 Visa Terminology

Dual Intent

Generally, visa applicants must present documentation showing their intention to return after expiration. However, USCIS considers L-1 visas dual intent, meaning you can pursue lawful permanent residence in the U.S.

Blanket Petitions

A blanket petition is one of the main benefits to international companies. It allows them to file a single work authorization petition for multiple employees, saving time and money. To qualify, companies must have combined revenue of at least 25 million or a minimum of 1,000 employees.

How a Marietta L-1 Visa Lawyer Can Help

Our attorneys at Urbina Law Firm can help with processing an L-1 visa for entry into the United States. Immigration law is subject to change, potentially making pushing your application through difficult. Even the smallest mistakes during this process can result in denial.

We can help you avoid mistakes and get your documents processed in a timely manner by:

  1. Filing your L-1 visa correctly the first time
  2. Reviewing documentation to ensure there are no delays
  3. Filing extensions on your behalf
  4. Assisting with applying for EB-1 green card

If you’re ready to fast-track your L-1 visa application, it’s time to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer. Contact an experienced visa attorney at Urbina Law Firm today, so you can get back to doing important work.

Practice Areas

Check your Visa Eligibility
Marriage Green Card through Consular ProcessFor married couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Marriage Green Card: Adjustment of StatusFor married couples in the U.S.
K-1 Fiancé VisaFor unmarried couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Removal of ConditionsFor those with expiring 2-year green cards
IR-2 Child VisaFor U.S. citizens with children outside of the U.S.
B1/B2 Tourist VisaFor individuals looking to travel to the U.S.
IR-5 Parent VisaFor U.S. citizens with foreign-born parents
U.S. Citizenship (Naturalization)For green card holders ready to become U.S. citizens
I-90 Green Card Renewal or ReplacementFor current green card holders
H-1B VisaFor foreign professionals who want to work in the U.S.
EB-5 VisaFor investors who want to immigrate to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor foreign investors to start a U.S. business
L-1 VisaFor multinational companies that want to transfer employees to the U.S.
O-1 VisaFor companies that want to bring extraordinary foreign talent to the U.S.
R-1 VisaFor religious workers who need a temporary U.S. visa
TN VisaFor citizens of Mexico and Canada who work in certain professions
F-1 Student VisaFor foreign students who want to study in the U.S.
NaturalizationFor permanent residents ready to become U.S. citizens
Adjustment of StatusFor immigrants looking to adjust their status
Denials & DelaysHelp with delays or denials in the immigration process
Derivative CitizenshipFor foreign-born children with a U.S. parent
Deportation DefenseLegal assistance and protection against deportation
DACAFor certain people who entered the U.S. unlawfully as children
AsylumFor individuals and families seeking asylum
U-VisaFor crime victims who are in fear of deportation
T-VisaFor victims of human trafficking
Affirmative Deferred Action
EB-5For investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.

Our Videos

MENTIR Es El ERROR MÁS GRANDE Que Puede Hacer Por Su Caso
Un Mensaje Importante En Este Dia de Acción de Gracias
¿Qué es el Proyecto de Apoyo Para Solicitantes de Asilo?