bar icon Menu
phone icon Call

Marietta O-1 Visa Lawyer

Live, Work, & Enjoy Life With Your Family In The U.S.
Google Reviews
Start your free consultation
Marietta O-1 Visa Lawyer

Hard work and dedication can open doors for you that other things in life can’t. That’s certainly the case in the U.S immigration system. In fact, your skills can qualify you for an O-1 non-immigrant visa, allowing you to temporarily live and work in the U.S. Your hard work has gotten you up until this point. Now you’re anxious to take the next steps to further your career, and you’re probably wondering – How long is the application process? Where do I start? There’s a lot of information. How do I get help?

The truth is the immigration process is difficult. But the immigration lawyers at Urbina Law in Marietta, GA, have successfully practiced immigration law for many years. We’ve helped countless immigrants enter and establish permanent residence in the United States, and we want to help you. We want to help you determine your immigration status and expedite the visa applicant process for you so that you can immigrate sooner.

O-1 Visa Explained

The O-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that permits temporary entry to the United States to applicants whose extraordinary ability can be demonstrated in science, art, education, business, athletics, or television. To qualify for business immigration under current immigration laws, the applicant must demonstrate a high-quality work experience nationally or internationally for work in the industry for which the recognition was made.

There are two types of O-1 visas; O-1A and O-1B.

O-1A Visa

O-1A visas are reserved for those with extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics. The applicant must have a major award in their respective field (Nobel Prize, etc.) to provide evidence of this.

If not, you will need to provide at least three of the following items:

  • Recognized awards for excellence in their professional field at the national or international level
  • Membership in associations that require outstanding achievements for members
  • Published material in professional, major trade, or major media relating to your work in the field
  • Participation in a panel judging the work of others in the same field
  • Scholarly articles that are written by you in professional journals
  • High salary
  • Significant and original contributions to the field
  • Employment with a distinguished organization or establishment in an essential capacity

O-1B Visa

O-1B visas are for those with extraordinary ability in the arts, motion pictures, or television industry. Evidence of this would include a nomination or receipt of significant awards in the field, including an Academy Award, Grammy, etc.

If you don’t have one of these, you will need to provide at least three of the following:

  • Past or future performances as the leading role in important productions or events
  • National or international recognition for past achievements
  • Evidence of significant commercial success
  • Recognition from critics, experts, or government agencies for achievements in the field
  • Proof of receiving compensation for work that demonstrates an extraordinary ability as compared to the compensation received by others in the field

Is The O-1 Visa Right For You?

You may also consider an H-1B visa if you have extraordinary talent.

The O-1 visa provides three distinct advantages over an H1B visa:

  • No annual limits on the number of visas issued
  • No maximum number of years you can stay in O-1 status
  • No educational or professional degree required
  • No wage requirements
  • No visa lottery restriction

Once your visa is approved, it is valid for three years and can be extended for one-year increments indefinitely. By speaking with an experienced Marietta O-1 visa immigration attorney, you can get help determining which option works best for your situation.

What Is The Processing Time For An O-1 Visa Application?

O-1 visa processing is typically shorter than other forms, like the H1-B and H1-C visas.

Processing times will ultimately depend on the service center that processes the petition. However, on average, it can take 3 to 4 months. But if you’re looking to expedite the immigration law process, you can opt for premium processing. An immigration attorney can help make the application process faster as well.

Premium Processing

The USCIS Premium Processing Services may be a great alternative when processing O-1s. This feature requires the USCIS to process your request within fifteen days for a fee of $1,440. In cases where processing takes longer, USCIS will refund you the fee.

This will speed up USCIS decision-making by removing any extra paperwork from your application.

O-1 Visa Change of Status

Those with O-1 visa status are eligible to obtain permanent resident status and/or relocate permanently. This is because O-1 visas have “double intent,” meaning you can apply for your green card while O-1 is granted.

Qualified attorneys at our immigration law firm can help you change your status and obtain permanent residency.

What Urbina Immigration Law Firm Can Do For You

Your hard work has paid off. Now, it’s time to let an immigration attorney do the rest of the work for you. We will walk you through the immigration process and reduce mistakes so that you can claim your visa sooner. Whether it be confusing legal terms, excessive paperwork, or long wait times, being a Visa applicant for an O-1 Visa is daunting. U.S immigration authorities are also notoriously unfriendly. We can help simplify things and arm you with the tools to succeed by guiding you through your immigration journey. Ready to get started? Contact our team of immigration lawyers for a free consultation.

Practice Areas

Check your Visa Eligibility
Marriage Green Card through Consular ProcessFor married couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Marriage Green Card: Adjustment of StatusFor married couples in the U.S.
K-1 Fiancé VisaFor unmarried couples where the foreign-born spouse lives abroad
Removal of ConditionsFor those with expiring 2-year green cards
IR-2 Child VisaFor U.S. citizens with children outside of the U.S.
B1/B2 Tourist VisaFor individuals looking to travel to the U.S.
IR-5 Parent VisaFor U.S. citizens with foreign-born parents
U.S. Citizenship (Naturalization)For green card holders ready to become U.S. citizens
I-90 Green Card Renewal or ReplacementFor current green card holders
H-1B VisaFor foreign professionals who want to work in the U.S.
EB-5 VisaFor investors who want to immigrate to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor foreign investors to start a U.S. business
L-1 VisaFor multinational companies that want to transfer employees to the U.S.
O-1 VisaFor companies that want to bring extraordinary foreign talent to the U.S.
R-1 VisaFor religious workers who need a temporary U.S. visa
TN VisaFor citizens of Mexico and Canada who work in certain professions
F-1 Student VisaFor foreign students who want to study in the U.S.
NaturalizationFor permanent residents ready to become U.S. citizens
Adjustment of StatusFor immigrants looking to adjust their status
Denials & DelaysHelp with delays or denials in the immigration process
Derivative CitizenshipFor foreign-born children with a U.S. parent
Deportation DefenseLegal assistance and protection against deportation
DACAFor certain people who entered the U.S. unlawfully as children
AsylumFor individuals and families seeking asylum
U-VisaFor crime victims who are in fear of deportation
T-VisaFor victims of human trafficking
Affirmative Deferred Action
EB-5For investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.
E-2 VisaFor investors and employers wanting to move to the U.S.

Our Videos

MENTIR Es El ERROR MÁS GRANDE Que Puede Hacer Por Su Caso
Un Mensaje Importante En Este Dia de Acción de Gracias
¿Qué es el Proyecto de Apoyo Para Solicitantes de Asilo?