The Urbina Law Firm firmly believes in giving back to the Hispanic community of Georgia. This year we will award a $2,000 scholarship to a student who is a current DACA recipient and that is enrolled in a school in Georgia. The student has to demonstrate involvement as a volunteer in a school, church or non-profit organization that serves the Hispanic community, exhibit leadership qualities, and have good moral character.
The deadline is December 1, 2019.
The requirements for the scholarship are the following:
- Be a DACA Recipient
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be currently living in Georgia
- Be actively involved as a volunteer leader in the Hispanic community
- Essay: (The essay must be double spaced and 12 font Times New Roman)
- In 1000 words or less, tell us about your involvement in the Hispanic community, how you have helped others and how helping others has impacted your life and the community.
Documents needed from the applicant*:
- Completed Application Form
- Proof of DACA status
- Completed Essay
- School Transcript or last school report card showing cumulative GPA
- 2 Reference Letters: at least one of them needs to be from an official or leader of the organization in which the student volunteers or serves as leader
*All documents need to be sent together and must be received by December 1, 2019.